NC500 5 DAY "CLASSIC" CHALLENGE
The 5 Day “Classic” Challenge is suitable for experienced sportive riders who want to challenge themselves in a personal battle against the distance around the stunning North Coast 500 route with the longest ride being 132 miles.
Day 1 - 64miles (2450ft elevation gain)
Day 2 - 109miles (9225ft elevation gain)
Day 3 - 95miles (7500ft elevation gain)
Day 4 - 132miles (7500ft elevation gain)
Day 5 - 117miles (5000ft elevation gain).
To ensure this is the correct event for you, riders should expect in training to be able replicate back to back days of 120miles on their own and holding an ave pace of 13-15mph.
•Changing facilities and team talk prior to your day 1 ride.
• Transportation from changing facilities to the official NC500 Cycling Challenge starting point at Inverness Castle.
• 4 nights accommodation based on a shared basis in some of Scotlands exclusive hotels including 2-3 course dinner, bed and breakfast and a packed lunch each day (4 dinners, 4 breakfasts and 5 packed lunches).
• Experienced ride and pacing guide who is a British Cycling qualified coach, former Scottish Road Race Champion and ex professional cyclist; Gary Hand.
• Experienced support crew who have driven in race convoy and worked as team soigneurs will be on hand with a following vehicle to carry spare equipment, your day bag and wheels.
• Shower and changing facilities on the last day post ride.
• Celebratory fish supper before you depart home. We can transport you to the train station or parked car if required.
Date: 23.08.19 - 27.08.19