NC500 7 DAY "TOURER" CHALLENGE
The 7 Day “Tourer” challenge is suitable for sportive riders who want to challenge themselves over a 7 day cycling touring adventure around the stunning North Coast 500 route.
Day 1 - 64miles (2450ft elevation gain)
Day 2 - 69miles (7230ft elevation gain)
Day 3 - 80miles (4552ft elevation gain)
Day 4 - 81miles (4428ft elevation gain)
Day 5 - 68miles (4682ft elevation gain)
Day 6 - 74miles (4351ft elevation gain)
Day 7 - 73miles (4681ft elevation gain)
To ensure this is the correct event for you, riders should expect in training to be able replicate 4 back to back days of 80miles on their own and holding an ave pace of 13-15mph.
•Changing facilities prior to your ride on day 1.
• Transportation from changing facilities to the official NC500 Cycling Challenge starting point at Inverness Castle.
• 6 nights accommodation based on a shared basis in some of Scotlands exclusive hotels including 2-3 course dinner, bed and breakfast and a packed lunch each day (6 dinners, 6 breakfasts and 7 packed lunches).
• Experienced ride and pacing guide who is a British Cycling qualified coach, former Scottish Road Race Champion and ex professional cyclist; Gary Hand.
• Experienced support crew who have driven in race convoy and worked as team soigneurs will be on hand with a following vehicle to carry spare equipment, your day bag and wheels.
• Shower and changing facilities on the last day post ride.
• Celebratory fish supper before you depart home. We can transport you to the train station or parked car if required.
Date: 11.09.19 - 17.09.19