RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This agreement starts with the entry. Riders attend the event on their own account and at their own risk. You must ride in a safe and courteous manner, which will not cause danger to other riders or yourself. You must ride in control at all times and at safe speeds, including on all descents.
- This is an open road event and as such the Highway Code must be adhered to at all times. A ride guide will be riding with the group but riders are always responsible for their own safety.
- Every rider is responsible for their bike and equipment. The condition, quality and construction should be suitable to ensure the safety of riders or other persons. All equipment used at the event must be fit for purpose and ridden / used at riders own risk.
- Helmets are compulsory and must be done up properly at all times when cycling. They must be in good condition.
- To register for this event you must provide a valid email address so we can send you confirmation of your registration and of any entries you make. The email address supplied (and any email addresses given when registering other people) may be used by GL Hand Ltd to send out information about the events you enter. It may also be used by them for up to twelve months after the event ends to send follow-up information about the event / membership and any future events / memberships they may organise.
- Entries will be taken online and will be given on a first come first served basis.
- Do not drop any litter, all litter must be placed in your pocket and disposed of in bins.
- The event will take place regardless of bad weather, unless the organisers deem there is a safety concern. If the event is stopped or re-routed for reasons of safety, there will be no refund available.
- Food and water will be available along the course, but all riders are responsible to supply sufficient food to complete the ride.
- The organisations is not responsible and cannot be held responsible for any injuries and/or damages as a result of any action during the event.
- Any vehicles or bikes parked are at your own risk, the organisation is not responsible and cannot be held responsible for any loss, theft and/or damage as a result of this.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- The organisation reserves the right to make any necessary changes or even to cancel the whole event according to safety problems at any time, official orders, government laws or other unforeseen events.
- If for any reason you are unable to attend the event you will be given a refund minus your deposit and any outlaid costs that are to be made as a result of your cancellation.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend the route and any other aspect of this event, if a refund is due in this regard all entrants will be notified via the website and by email.
- Should you fail to make any of the payment instalments, you should arrange an alternative method of payment within 48 hours by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do this will result in immediate cancellation of your booking without refund of any previous monies paid.
- A minimum of 6 riders are required for your chosen event to take place. Should the minimum number of riders not be attained, we reserve the right to cancel the trip and a full refund will be provided.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
- Every rider understands and admits that his participation in the event is voluntary. He assumes full responsibility for any injuries or damages from his participation in the event. He recognises and understands that the activities may be hazardous, that his participation is solely at his own risk and that he assumes full responsibility for any resulting injuries and damages that may occur.
- Every rider affirms, that he is in good health. He declares that he is physically fit and capable to participate in the event.
- Every rider has to acknowledge that he has read and understood this entire waiver of liability and agrees to be legally bound by it.
- The organisers retain the right to change rules, terms and conditions as required.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 2018
- By submitting an application to take part in an event, the participants also allow the event organisers to use personal data for campaigns and activities connected to the events.
CURRENCY OF PURCHASE
- All transactions will be conducted in Pounds Sterling. An invoice will not be supplied with the confirmation of your entry, although a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
- All riders accept that photography and video for publicity purposes may be recorded at the event. Riders accept that this material may include them and that they give permission for its print or online publication. The organisers shall have unlimited rights to publish pictures and videos of the participants; to forward these photos and videos to press representatives and to use them for marketing activities.